среда, 15 октября 2008 г.

aaron pipkin reginald




I suppose it is time for an update here from the west coast, considering that I have been here for over a month now. Iapos;ve been at Stanford for almost a month exactly. The verdict?

Life is GREAT. I have no complaints, no issues with life out here. School is great, Iapos;m making lots of new friends, the weather is great, and Iapos;ve even gone on a date. I canapos;t complain. I just met with my advisor, and found out I sailed through my diagnostic exams, and Iapos;m feeling ready to grab life by the horns. Iapos;ve been reading reading reading over the last few weeks, absorbing as much musicology as my brain will take, and I LOVE it. I could not have made a better choice than to come here to Stanford. Iapos;ve begun anew here, with an optimistic and stress-free attitude. I was a bit skeptical of my ability to leave everything stressful in DC, but I think I may have succeeded. That is not to say there havenapos;t been stressful moments out here, but Iapos;m learning how to handle them in a way that minimizes the stress I absorb. I know, Iapos;ve turned into a California yuppy already I love it

Iapos;m learning to play tennis, and taking a tango class, and doing all sorts of things that my life in New York and DC didnapos;t have time for. Iapos;m spending time outside, absorbing vitamin D and (with sunscreen of course) adding many new freckles by the day. Iapos;m eating healthy, and just feeling so much more in control of my life than I have in the last few years.

My roommates are great, and I am enjoying spending time with the other people in my department as well. Iapos;m taking a class in the comparative literature department, with a famous professor, and just trying to get every experience I can out of this amazing university. There are so many incredible opportunities here, and though I know I canapos;t do everything, I can certainly do a lot. I aim to come out of here a well-rounded, solid scholar, and I will then take over the musicological universe :-)

Life is good.

desig n, aaron pipkin reginald, aaron pittman, aaron pitts.



Комментариев нет: